Allington Lock and Slipway
Gateway to the rural River Medway
Information for all boaters and canoeists
How to find us
Contact Us
Photos and other useful information

Do I need a river licence?

Yes all craft must be registered before using the River Medway. Short term licences can be obtained from the duty lock keeper. For annual vessel registrations plese refer to this page.  If you are canoeing and are a BCU member, you will not need a licence, but you will be asked to show your BCU membership card or boat sticker.

 Where can I camp along the Medway?

1. Camping at Allington Lock is available, please contact the lock keepers to book.
2. The Hop Farm near (Sluice Weir Lock) provides camping. Please follow this link to book. The Hop Farm Camping

HomeInformation for all boaters and canoeistsHow to find usContact UsPhotos and other useful informationFAQsFeedback